I’m Alisa! Mom to one (soon to be two!) littles. Wife to my rockstar husband. Student of Exercise Physiology. And genuine lover of all things beautiful and happy!
I grew up as the middle of seven children in beautiful Boise, Idaho. Although I don’t live there anymore, Boise will always have a piece of my heart (and so will the Boise State Broncos)!!
Once I grew up (is this real life?) I attended BYU-Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho. It was here that I met my stellar husband, Brandon. We were married in November 2013. Since then we’ve lived in Idaho, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, and now Atlanta for school, an internship, and different job opportunities. Brandon is definitely my best friend, my biggest example, and a rockstar daddy. I’m so lucky that no matter where this life takes us, I’m always going to have him on my team. You can find a little more about our love story here.
Our little firecracker, Eleanor, joined our family in February of 2015. Since then my life has been turned upside down and shaken all around, but when I take a step back and live in the moment I find that I’ve landed on cloud 9. Being Ella’s mom is the best! She can turn any frown upside down and make anyone feel like a million bucks on their worst day. Watching her learn and grow has been the hardest and most rewarding thing in my life and we’re only 19 months in! I’m so looking forward to the days when she’s all grown up and we’re best friends, but until then I’m enjoying every giggle that she giggles and every chance I get to put a bow on her.
As a family you might find us going for hikes or jogs, seeing the world (or as much of it as we can get to), becoming connoisseurs of ice cream, soaking in all the family time we can get, and if it’s a Saturday in the fall you’ll definitely find us watching college football. I believe that families can be together forever and nothing makes me happier!
We found out earlier this year that our family of three will soon be a family of four!! We are beyond excited to make Ella a big sister and to add a sweet little boy to our family!
Claire and I have husbands with very similar interests and jobs that often take them away for long hours. Meeting her right before little Miss Ella was born while our husbands were doing an accounting internship together was one of the biggest blessings. Everyone needs a friend like Claire! I’m just glad our husband’s are friends, too! We’d be in trouble if they weren’t 😉
I make lists about absolutely everything, so it’s only fitting that I wrap up my introduction with a list.
Here are 10 semi-fun facts about me:
- I have crazy vivid dreams every night and I almost always remember them.
- In high school I ate a live goldfish with a few of my friends with the sole purpose of having a cool story to tell in college. Haha
- I love delicious (non-alcoholic) drinks and I’d choose them over food any day.
- I’m a Mormon.
- I seriously love learning and I’m a huge nerd. I wish I could just keep going to college and get like 5 different degrees.
- I love candy way more than is healthy (or normal). And it doesn’t even have to be good candy… I ate an entire box of Sweetarts by myself today… oops.
- I have a bad habit of beatboxing.
- I was a cheerleader in high school and I secretly sometimes wish I still was one.
- I love open-face peanut butter & honey sandwhiches
Thanks for checking out our little blog! You can see my posts here